Saturday, April 23, 2011
Pattern source: http://www.spoolsewing.com/blog/2008/07/25/sewing-machine-cozy/
Things I learned during this project
- Trying new things is great, but you gotta have patience with yourself!
- Getting a new sewing machine actually helps get the job done quicker
- When using the self healing mat don't start at 1x1 when your starting to cut....I'll make you an inch short. (all my pages were an inch smaller than the page everyone else made)
- Felt is a pain....instead of ironing on fusible interfacing on each ice cream scoop, Iron it on to the whole piece of felt then cut out your ice cream!
- and finally...20 people is a lot!
Source for the pattern for the quiet book: http://camillescasa.blogspot.com/2010/04/quiet-book-revealed.html
Friday, April 8, 2011
I even worked on my quiet books yesterday and discovered how easy sewing can (and should) be.
Monday, April 4, 2011
Once my page is complete I will post it...but until then...pray for my sewing machine :)
Sunday, April 3, 2011
I had been wanting to make the two of us matching aprons for a while now so so I found a free apron pattern and tried my best to make follow it...I, of course, made a several mistakes and it took me a while to find the time to make them both from start to finish but they are finally done! Mine is a little short and Annalyse's is a little big but it works! If I make this one again, I'll definately make a few changes.
Pattern Source: http://www.michaelmillerfabrics.com/Blog/Classic_Apron.pdf