(here is my Birthday Princess)
If you want to make this yourself here are a couple of suggestions:
- the pattern is really long (for a two year old) so if possible measure the wearer so you don't waste fabric when you hem it up
- the pattern says to do a 1/4 inch seam allowance for the sides...i feel that it was too small. I don't know if its because I don't know what I'm doing or what but I'm terrified that it might come unsewn.
- don't buy expensive fabric...go to the fabric store and look at the clearance stuff...all together, fabric, elastic (which i have extra for additional dresses), and bias tape it cost me around 3-4 dollars to make. the fabric was on clearance for I think 3 dollars a yard and i used less than a yard!
- I added an undershirt for Modesty but you aren't opposed to tank tops and such you don't have to use an undershirt.
- this will make an awesome gift for a little girl. Ironically, I was at a store in Evansville after making this and saw that some college team apparel company was selling Women's sized shirts using a very similar method so it could be adjusted to be made as a shirt or, if you're bold enough, a dress for yourself.
If you want to make this cute little dress here is the pattern I used there are also tons of tutorials on how to make them out of a pillowcase if you feel so inclined just google it!