Saturday, April 23, 2011

Quiet Book Page!

I know I've been talking about these quiet books for some time. I really feel like I learned a lot creating this page! My page is I finally done & it has been distributed to the other sisters in our Ward who participated in the exchange. What we did was-each of us signed up to participate and we created 20 of the exact same page. We all scrambled around to get all of our materials. Then, we traced, measured, cut, sewed and glued all of our pieces to make gorgeous quiet book pages :) I signed up to make an Ice Cream Cone page. There are 5 different colors of ice cream, which are loose with Velcro sewn to each of them and the ice cream cone is sewn to the actual page. We all used Pellon as our pages (instead of felt) to make it more sturdy. Every one's pages turned out wonderful & I am so excited to see Annalyse play with them. Now, all I have to do is assemble all 20 of my pages into a book format. Since there are so many, I will probably make two....which is one of my NEXT projects!.

Things I learned during this project


  • Trying new things is great, but you gotta have patience with yourself!

  • Getting a new sewing machine actually helps get the job done quicker

  • When using the self healing mat don't start at 1x1 when your starting to cut....I'll make you an inch short. (all my pages were an inch smaller than the page everyone else made)

  • Felt is a pain....instead of ironing on fusible interfacing on each ice cream scoop, Iron it on to the whole piece of felt then cut out your ice cream!

  • and finally...20 people is a lot!

Source for the pattern for the quiet book: http://camillescasa.blogspot.com/2010/04/quiet-book-revealed.html

No comments:

Post a Comment